24 Hour Customer Support
Call (540) 672-3066
Orange-Madison Cooperative Farm Service, Inc., based out of Orange, Virginia, has been a supporter of the community, dedicated to providing quality products and superior service at the best possible value since it was established in 1933. Today eleven board members currently serve the Orange-Madison Cooperative. Members serve three-year terms, which can be concurrent for three terms. What started from a small group of Orange County farmers splitting supplies that were delivered by rail car to a nearby railroad station, has grown into a versatile, self-sustainable company capable of providing services in agronomy, energy, animal health, and farm supplies in three locations spread across Central Virginia.
In 1977, the Madison location was moved to its’ current location on North Main Street in Madison, Virginia. The Orange store made its final relocation in 1987 to James Madison Highway in Orange, Virginia. The closure of the Gordonsville location in 1997 led to Orange-Madison Cooperative leasing the Louisa Feed Service in Louisa, Virginia. At the time, the facilities were owned by the Marshall Family. It wasn’t until 2017 that Louisa Feed Service was purchased by the Orange-Madison Cooperative officially adding it as the company’s third location. Today, all three store and warehouse locations offer services in agronomy, farm supply, and animal nutrition services.
In 1991, Orange-Madison Cooperative entered to a management agreement with Southern States Cooperative located in Richmond, Virginia. Southern States provided services to OMC in accounting, IT, Human Resources, and Safety. Two years later, the Orange-Madison Cooperative established a propane operation. Like the other divisions within the Cooperative, its energy service department expanded. In 2006, the Cooperative purchased Carlton Brook Petroleum, a refined fuels distributor. This was a Southern States private dealer located in Charlottesville, Virginia which is currently home to our petroleum division. In 2013, Orange-Madison Cooperative purchased UTZ & Shepherd Fuel Oil Business in Madison County. Today, the cooperative provides energy services out of the Orange location and supplies petroleum out of our Charlottesville facility.
Our first store was built in Orange, Virginia close to our Madison location that was later built in 1937.
Location moved to North Main Street in Madison, Virginia.
The Orange Location made its final move to James Madison Highway.
OMC enters a management agreement with Southern States Coop to provide them with accounting, IT, human resources, and safety.
Closure led to the leasing of Louisa Feed Service by the Orange Madison Cooperative in Louisa.
Orange Madison purchases Carlton Brook as part of the readily expanding energy service department.
Acquired as part of the energy service department's expansion.
Orange Madison officially acquires LFS as the company's third location.
Have any questions or inquiries regarding our products, services, or locations? Leave us a quick message and let us know.
Copyright ©2019, Orange Madison Cooperative. All Rights Reserved.